Monday, March 19, 2007

I DID IT!



For the very first time, I snowboarded. And guess what?!?? I'm pretty damn good at it. Granted, I looked nothing like this picture. Instead, imagine that it's 70 degrees. I'm sweating like a fat kid in gym class and shedding layers all over the mountain. I can also only snowboard backwards, apparently. We had some confusion as to whether or not I'm 'Regular' or 'Goofy.' Turns out, I might be 'Regular.' I have no idea what that means, but I think it would've helped with the whole 'forward momentum' thing.

So, yeah - I liked it. I could just drop down to my knees to fall. Or my ass. My legs never went in 19 different directions, like they did in skiing. And I could walk in the boots. I looked badass. Except for the stupid t-shirt I was wearing, and the 2 sizes too small ski pants that made me look like a polish sausage on a board. Turns out that although I may eventually turn out to be fairly decent at the sport, I am SO NOT COOL ENOUGH!

Still mad at those little 8-year-old fuckers that flew by me all day, though.

1 Comments:

At 6:33 PM , Blogger Funkmeister said...

i hate those little 8 year old fuckers on the mountain too!!

and i like that you're picking up boarding for the badass factor. but you should see me on a mountain - purple pom-pom hat and all. now THAT'S sexxxxy!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home